An Ode to the guy in me




There is a little bit of guy in me
Secretly adores out of size Shirts,Hip hop Pants,
and Rubber used big black watches.
He gets goosebumps when Bullet For My Valentine sings their high notes
He blushes every-time "Shawshank Redemption" Andy Dufresne blushes watching the full poster of beautiful girl
He jumps in joy whenever Mark Ruffalo chooses to be youngwith Jenifer Garner
He has revelations when Adam Levine decides to begin again with Keira Knightly.


My mother tells me I have got "Guy Fingers"
She means  hard fingers, fingers that seems like they have been a part of fistfights.
She means rough fingers, fingers that seem like they have been bruised.
She worries of what's gonna happen to me, 
When life eventually will be on other's hand.
But sometimes brother comes running from his friends with arguments
And my rough-hand's patty on his waist brings their friendship back.


I have been told I have "Guy Feet"
My nails look like they were always broken in football matches
My toes look like they were broken in a failed somersault attempts
I walk a long way and don't even complain on hurting my tendons
And choose shoes over slippers
But sometimes they hurt me like panic attacks.

There is a little bit of guy in me
Over the years,
I felt his grown up with me
When I was nine I noticed that girls don't play spinners, 
Rather they would play "gotta" flying stones in the air
He was confused
Someone called me lesbian and he was grossed out
He makes me feel guilty for watching Anime
He suggests that I ignore stupidity
When someone says "You don't like Panipuri even IF you are a girl???"

Living inside a female body hasn't been easy for him
I punched a guy I was obsessed with in school
He spent a whole week with cut in his chin.
There is a little bit of guy in me.
Filled with subtle traits of all the lads around me.
I wonder how people can be
 completely  male,
completely female,
after growing up,
with a fair share of both.
I wonder why people want to be
completely women,
completely men !!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi there! Do you feel me?

FORLORN

For Ben